Importance of Integrated Pest Management (IPM) in the Hotel Industry in South Lyon, MI
A big part of owning a successful hospitality business is the satisfaction of your customers. When your customers are dealing with pests of any kind in the lodging business, they aren’t likely to return a second time. This makes pest control crucial for anybody in this business. Knock Em Out Pest Control is here to talk about some of the most common bugs that hospitality businesses are constantly battling and the importance of staying on top of your pest control game.
Benefits of an Integrated Pest Management Program for Hospitality Businesses
It takes more than a pest inspection every now and then to stay on top of any pest control threats when it comes to lodging. Having an integrated pest management program set in place is the only way to truly ensure you don’t have a pest problem in your business. This type of program includes regular pest inspections as well as a thorough record of any findings and possible pest problems throughout the property. Any pest control needs will then be taken care of and the situation will be closely monitored to provide the business owners with peace of mind knowing pests shouldn’t be a problem.
Common Pests Found in Hotels
There are several pests that are a constant problem for those in the hospitality business. Here are a few of them:
• Bed Bugs– This is one of the most major pest threats to hotels. 8 out of every 10 hotels has had to treat for this pest in the last year. If they aren’t treated correctly, the problem will only persist.
• Cockroaches– Cockroaches are often associated with filth, so the last thing you want in your hotel is a cockroach infestation.
• Rodents– Rats and mice don’t only carry diseases, but they can cause a decent amount of damage as well if they are left undetected. They are constantly trying to make their way indoor during this time of year and need to be constantly monitored.
• Roosting Birds– Anytime there are birds roosting on your property, there is a health risk as well as a safety risk. Their droppings can prove to be incredibly slippery and pose a threat to your guests.
• Termites– You should always be on the lookout for termites. They cost Americans millions of dollars each year in property damage. If detected early enough, you can stop the problem before it gets out of hand, and save yourself thousands of dollars along with your reputation, too.
Commercial Pest Inspections, Control, Removal & More in Bloomfield Hills, Canton, Farmington Hills, Milford, New Hudson, Northville, Novi, South Lyon, Wixom, Dexter, Brighton, Saline & Greater Ann Arbor, Michigan
If you are in the hospitality business, you know how important it is to keep pests out of your building. You want your guests to feel like they are staying in a safe and sanitary establishment and this is near impossible with the presence of invasive pests. The experts at Knock Em Out Pest Control have the tools and experience to handle any pest that may come your way. We can set you up on the right integrated pest management program that suits the needs of your business. Call us today!